The game will be played in 7 – 10 minutes half using the same fields as 15 – person rugby.
In order to cover a wide field with a small number of people, the ball moves greatly, speed, agility and handling skill are important. Exciting and flowing play is a favorite place.
Men and women Sevens is the Olympic Official Game (from the Rio de Janeiro Olympics 2016). Also, the Sevens World Cup will be held once every four years.
- 1．Number of players
- Seven people play on the field.
Change / change: Up to 5 people can be replaced or exchanged per team.
- 2．Game time
- Within 14 minutes (7 minutes half).
* As for the final game of the competition, the game time can be done within 20 minutes. (10 minutes half)
- 3．Half time
- Half time is less than 2 minutes.
- 4．Rugby Laws
- Basically it is the same rules as the 15 – player system, but there are changes in game time and some items.
- Formed with 3 forwards (FW) and 4 backs (BK).
■ Prop (PR) 2 people / Hooker (HO) · · · FW 3 people
■ Scrum Half (SH) / Standoff (SO) / Center (CTB) / Wing (WTB) · · · BK 4 people
- Scrum is formed by three players in one row.
- 7．Sin-bin (temporary withdrawal)
- If it becomes a Sin-bin (temporary withdrawal) from the referee due to unfair play etc, it will temporarily leave for 2 minutes.